After School Enrichment
“My daughter participated in Challenge Island’s Time Machine Island Course this past semester and I have to say that it has taken learning and fun to a new level. Over Tuesday night dinners, the Challenge Island activities are the topic of conversation from my 6 year-old. Her interest in the combination of science, math and history is especially encouraging to see as we know from the data that we have to do more to encourage girls’ interest in these subject matters. I am a very strong believer in the power and importance of Challenge Island.”
– Heidi G. – Challenge Island Parent
Our one-of-a-kind Challenge Island® afterschool enrichment classes are on the cutting edge of S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art, & math) education and 21st Century Learning. Each week kids visit a different island destination where they work in collaborative tribes to tackle various STEM/STEAM challenges using only the materials in their treasure chests and their boundless imaginations. We offer dozens of different thematic islands filled with hundreds of exhilarating challenges for children to enjoy.
- STEAM education, problem-based learning, and critical 21st Century Skills are at the heart of every Challenge Island Afterschool Class. But we don’t stop there. Our proprietary curriculum seamlessly intertwines ELA, STEM, History, Social Studies, Arts, Geography and much more into one thrilling Island adventure!
- Each session of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island and consists of 8 to 14 action-packed hour-long afterschool classes. Every island experience is one of a kind and kids come back session after session to experience the magic once again – it’s no surprise we have a 90% repeat customer rate!
- Challenge Island students work with tribes full of friends on hands-on creative problem solving adventures. Core socio-emotional skills 21st like collaboration, communication, and compromise are fostered and bonds and friendships are built in the process.
- Our child-driven learning approach makes Challenge Island an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for a wide span of ages from preschool through middle school and beyond.
After School Enrichment
We offer hour long after school enrichment programs at schools in your area.