After School Enrichment Programs
Dunwoody | Sandy Springs | Buckhead | Brookhaven
When kids enter the Challenge Island classroom, they are transported to a cross-curricular learning environment worlds away from the regular school experience. The ambience feels positively party-like as our adventurous tribes tackle high-level thinking challenges at whimsical weekly destinations like Jaguar’s Claw (Rainforest Island), Medusa’s Pet Rock Playground (Mythology Island), Wizardry Academy (Hollywood Island) and Kenyan African Safari (Challenge Island World Tour). Kids count down the seconds until Challenge Island day rolls around!
- STEAM education, problem-based learning, and critical 21st Century Skills are at the heart of every Challenge Island Afterschool Class. But we don’t stop there. Our proprietary curriculum seamlessly intertwines ELA, STEM, History, Social Studies, Arts, Geography and much more into one thrilling Island adventure!
- Each session of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island and consists of 8 to 14 action-packed hour-long afterschool classes. Every island experience is one of a kind and kids come back session after session to experience the magic once again – it’s no surprise we have a 90% repeat customer rate!
- Challenge Island students work with tribes full of friends on hands-on creative problem solving adventures. Core socio-emotional skills 21st like collaboration, communication, and compromise are fostered and bonds and friendships are built in the process.
- Our child-driven learning approach makes Challenge Island an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for a wide span of ages from preschool through middle school and beyond.
– Heidi G. – Challenge Island Parent
If Challenge Island is not in your child’s Greater Atlanta Area School yet, reach out to us so we can introduce our After School Program to your school’s administration.
School Admins and PTA/PTO:
If you would like Challenge Island’s After School Programs to come to your Greater Atlanta Area school, please reach out to us so we can provide you with more information.
Benefits of Our After School Programs
Our afterschool programs provide learning settings that bring a wide range of benefits to school children. Our cross curricular STEM/STEAM activities can support social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development, promote physical health, and provide a safe and supportive environment for children.
Afterschool programs provide structured, supervised programming outside of school hours for children and teens, providing “academic support, mentoring, youth development, arts and sports and recreation.” Although these programs can benefit all children and youth, there are additional benefits of afterschool programs for working families as they provide a safe haven after school while parents work.
If your school would like Challenge Island for After School Enrichment clubs and workshops, fill out the form below and we will be touch with additional information.