After School Enrichment Programs For 2020/2021 Charlotte NC Schools
Are you a SCHOOL admin/director looking for a STEM/STEAM After School Program to offer at your school? Fill out the form below so we can get our Island Adventure Started!
Are you a PARENT wanting to sign up your child for our STEAM Island Adventures? Go to the Register Now page to view all that we have to offer!
– Heidi G. – Challenge Island Parent
When kids enter the Challenge Island Charlotte classroom, they are transported to a cross-curricular learning environment worlds away from the regular school experience. The ambience feels positively party-like as our adventurous tribes tackle high-level thinking challenges at whimsical weekly destinations like Jaguar’s Claw (Rainforest Island), Medusa’s Pet Rock Playground (Mythology Island), Wizardry Academy (Hollywood Island) and Kenyan African Safari (Challenge Island World Tour). Kids count down the seconds until Challenge Island Charlotte day rolls around!
- STEAM education, problem-based learning, and critical 21st Century Skills are at the heart of every Challenge Island Afterschool Class. But we don’t stop there. Our proprietary curriculum seamlessly intertwines ELA, STEM, History, Social Studies, Arts, Geography and much more into one thrilling Island adventure!
- Each session of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island and consists of 8 to 14 action-packed hour-long afterschool classes. Every island experience is one of a kind and kids come back session after session to experience the magic once again – it’s no surprise we have a 90% repeat customer rate!
- Challenge Island students work with tribes full of friends on hands-on creative problem solving adventures. Core socio-emotional skills 21st like collaboration, communication, and compromise are fostered and bonds and friendships are built in the process.
- Our child-driven learning approach makes Challenge Island an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for a wide span of ages from preschool through middle school and beyond throughout Mecklenburg County.
What makes a great After School Program?
When K – 8 students are done with a full day of school, the last thing we want to do is have them do something that feels like more work! Instead, we look for engagement, fun, collaboration, creativity, imagination, and so much more!! Students that join our after school programs in Charlotte often don’t want to leave and they look forward to coming again every week. our goal is to have your child reach their potential using their imagination, problem solving skills, while working on collaborative STEAM activities.
What’s more? All our lesson plans are island themed so they add to the whimsy of the program while being standards aligned. So not only is your child using their imagination and having fun, we are reinforcing what they are learning in the classroom.
If you would like to find out more about our after school island programs, please fill out the form below or go to the contact us page.
After School Enrichment Programs Information Flyer
To receive a full copy of our 2020/2021 After School “Islands”, enrichment programs, please fill in the form below.