After School Enrichment
“My son was excited to share with us everything that happened during his Challenge Island class. It was the highlight of his week!”
– Challenge Island Waukesha-Milwaukee Parent
When kids enter the Challenge Island classroom, they are transported to a cross-curricular learning environment worlds away from the regular school experience. The ambience feels positively party-like as our adventurous tribes tackle high-level thinking challenges at whimsical weekly destinations like Jaguar’s Claw (Rainforest Island), Medusa’s Pet Rock Playground (Mythology Island), Wizardry Academy (Hollywood Island) and Kenyan African Safari (Challenge Island World Tour). Kids count down the seconds until Challenge Island day rolls around!
- STEAM education, problem-based learning, and critical 21st Century Skills are at the heart of every Challenge Island Afterschool Class. But we don’t stop there. Our proprietary curriculum seamlessly intertwines ELA, STEM, History, Social Studies, Arts, Geography and much more into one thrilling Island adventure!
- Each session of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island and consists of 8 to 14 action-packed hour-long afterschool classes. Every island experience is one of a kind and kids come back session after session to experience the magic once again – it’s no surprise we have a 90% repeat customer rate!
- Challenge Island students work with tribes full of friends on hands-on creative problem solving adventures. Core socio-emotional skills 21st like collaboration, communication, and compromise are fostered and bonds and friendships are built in the process.
- Our child-driven learning approach makes Challenge Island an enriching and developmentally appropriate experience for a wide span of ages from preschool through middle school and beyond.
After School Enrichment
Challenge Island Waukesha-Milwaukee offers hour long after school enrichment programs to schools in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. We are currently offering classes in the following schools/locations:
- Brookfield Elementary School
- Brookfield Academy Primary and Lower Schools
- New Berlin School District Elementary Schools
- Oak Creek-Franklin Elementary Schools (Club 3:05)
- University Lake School Lower School
- Wauwatosa Elementary Schools (I Can’t Wait for Wednesdays)
- Muskego Recreation Department
- New Berlin Recreation Department
- West Allis-West Milwaukee Recreation Department