WHAT YOU NEED:
- Beach Ball
- Permanent Marker
- Empty Laundry Basket
WHAT YOU DO:
- Write the numbers 1 through 9 in permanent marker on the beach ball. You can repeat numbers that need more practice.
- Throw the beach ball to your child and tell them to freeze when they catch the ball.
- You child should then add or multiply the two numbers that their thumbs are either touching or closest to touching. If the answer is correct, award 2 points.
- A correct answer also earns an opportunity to take a free throw at the laundry basket. If your child makes the shot, award an additional 2 points (or 3 points if they take the shot from farther away).
- Have your child keep a tally of their points – or ask them to mentally add their new points each time they earn them.
- Celebrate your child’s success and send them back to school feeling smart and confident!