Set Sail for Islands Full of Real Life and Virtual STEAM Adventure
from Entrepreneur Magazine's #1 STEM/STEAM Enrichment Program
Inquiry-Based Learning Promotes Curiosity and Higher-Level Thinking
Turning Children into Lifelong Learners
STEM + ART = STEAM
An Interdisciplinary Approach That Turns Kids Into Innovators, Leaders and Big Thinkers
Project Based Learning and 21st Century Skills
Gear Children to Thrive Today and Tomorrow
Aligned with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
Our After School Classes, In-School Field Trips and Camps are Built Around Cutting Edge Curriculum
Kids Work Collaboratively On Cross-Curricular STEAMbuilding® Adventures
From an Archipelago of Thematic Island "Destinations"
Technology Powered Exclusively By Children's Imaginations
Providing Digital Native Kids with a Much Needed Break from Screens and Electronics
From the world’s #1 STEAM program and education enrichment program, Challenge Island® presents an exciting new adventure for smart, curious kids.
From the Newsroom
- Ranked The World’s #1 STEAM Program by Entrepreneur Magazine!
- 2021 Parents Picks Award Winner
- 2021 Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 – #151
- 2021 Entrepreneur Fastest Growing Franchise – #134
- 2021 Entrepreneur Top Franchises Under $50k – #13
- 2021 Entrepreneur Top Global Franchise – #145
- 2021 Entrepreneur Top Home-Based Franchise – #31
- Ranked on Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 2020,2019 & 2018
- Ranked on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Fastest Growing Lists 2020, 2019
- Ranked on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Low-Cost Franchises 2020, 2019, 2018
- 2018 Parents Picks Awards Winner
- Top 3 Virtual Program in the USA by Business Insider
- Top Virtual Program by Parade Magazine
- Featured in Scores of National, Regional and Local News Stories!
Learn About Our ESSER II Funding Aligned Programs to Help Students Relearn and Recover
What Challenge Island Is All About
STEM + Art = STEAM
“To Develop a complete mind; Study the science of art; Study the art of science; Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”
-Leonardo DavinciLearn More
Islands are the mainstay of Challenge Island with creative problem solving at each turn. Each session of Challenge Island takes place on a unique thematic island and consists of 8 or more action-packed afterschool classes.Learn More
21st Century Skills
At Challenge Island, we are dedicated to ensuring a brighter future for our kids and our communities by helping you prepare your child to succeed in the 21st century and beyond.
Higher Level Thinking
Children who study a STEM curriculum also develop a variety of skills that are essential for success: critical thinking and problem solving, creativity and innovation, communication, collaboration, and entrepreneurship, to name a few.Learn More
“Challenge Island stands out from the competition. Using no screens or digital devices, students are encouraged to use imagination, teamwork, and problem-solving skills to come up with creative solutions to challenges using only a treasure chest full of low-tech art supplies.” Entrepreneur Magazine, March 2020
Social Emotional Learning
When kids take part in Challenge Island they:
- Feel included and appreciated by peers and teachers
- Are respected for thier different abilities, cultures, gender, interests and dreams
- Are actively involved in their learning
- Recognize and embrace their own giflts as well as the gifts of others
Screen Free Excitement
By reclaiming the original definition of technology – a new solution to a problem – we give 21st Century kids the opportunity to innovate, invent, and interact without screens and digital devices. In doing so, we provide them with the timeliness and fundamental experiences of childhood that have been largely lost to their generation.
The Challenge Island Experience
In The Classroom
Virtual & Remote Learning Programs
Social Bubble & Learning Pods
Challenge Island is a Corporate Partner with Girl Scout Councils from Coast to Coast. Our one of a kind virtual and in-person STEAM challenges and adventures fulﬁll a wide array of Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Cadette Journey and Badge requirements. Girls also receive a unique Challenge Island Fun Patch each time they do a Journey or Badge workshop with Challenge Island!Learn More and Contact Us About Girl Scout Workshops
Every Challenge Island® Field Trip and Afterschool Enrichment Class is a HIGH ENERGY, HANDS-ON, Cross-Curricular STEAM Adventure featuring Project-Based Learning and 21st Century Skills. Our Award-Winning Curriculum is aligned with multiple Common Core, State, and Next Generation Science Standards, as well as Social Emotional Learning Standards. Safety is our highest priority during all on-site programs. Send your students on an unforgettable STEAM Adventure without ever leaving school grounds!
Our Challenge Island Owners Explain Why the
Challenge Island Experience is So Vital to Children
Interested in a Franchise Opportunity?
- Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
- #1 STEM/STEAM Franchise in the World by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s Fastest Growing Franchise 2021, 2020, 2019
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Franchises Under 50K 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
- Parents Picks Award 2021, 2018
- Franchise of the Year Silver Award – Franchise Brokers Association